There are a lot of reasons why people want to work from—the flexible hours, the ability to work from anywhere, any time, and the opportunity to be your own boss, just to name a few. Now, it’s easier than ever to build your own business—and make a lot of money while doing it.
In this article I’m going to be talking about the top 5 highest paying online jobs in 2018, and how you can get started in them.
1. Social Media Agency
Social media is more popular than ever, and many businesses are missing out on the potential of utilizing these platforms to grow their customer base. By starting a social media or digital marketing agency, you can decide on a niche that interests you (i.e. restaurants, doctors, real estate agents) and reach out to businesses within that niche.
With social media marketing, you’ll have to analyze prospective clients’ social media accounts and establish how you can help them build their business by creating engaging content for all of their social media platforms. You can then take this analysis and put it together in a Social Media Audit to send to the customer.
Depending on the client, a social media agency should be able to provide various services, including:
- Monitoring social media accounts and profiles for your clients
- Gaining and retaining relevant followers across social media accounts (i.e Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
- Managing social media ad campaigns, including Facebook ads and Instagram
- Social bookmarking submissions
- Maintaining an active online profile, including commenting on forums and chatrooms, and creating content such as articles, message, etc.
- Content curating, proofreading, or moderating depending on the social media job and your skill
There are many websites, apps, and tools, where freelancers working in areas such as website design, social media and digital marketing, graphic design, writing/editing, or other art forms or services, can connect with companies looking tooutsource.
As a freelancer, all you need is access to a computer and internet (and any other tools of the trade, depending on your skills). Some popular sites for freelancers include:
3. DropShipping Store
Dropshipping is a retail model wherein you become a retailer for a much larger manufacturer. Essentially, you are one of three key players, alongside the manufacturer and the customers. Starting a dropshipping business is becoming increasingly popular because it is such a low-risk business model. As a retailer, you only pay for the products you sell, and there is no cost creating products, carrying inventory, of maintaining unsold inventory, or of employees, packaging, or shipping products.
It’s a great entry into entrepreneurship as you can start your own dropshipping business by yourself and work on it whenever you have time, say during your evenings and weekends.
You have a few different options when it comes to finding products to sell, including:
- Alibaba Express – acts as a middleman between buyers and sellers online and facilitates the sale of goods between the two parties through an extensive network of websites.
- Amazon FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) – you store your products in Amazon’s fulfillment centers, and they pick, pack, ship, and provide customer service for them.
- Oberlo – allows you to easily import dropshipped products directly into your ecommerce store and ship them directly to your customers–in only a few clicks.
4. Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing involves working with companies to market their products to your audience. This first requires building an audience—be it through a website, YouTube, Instagram, or any other platform. You will have to follow a few steps to set up an operation where you will be able to effectively perform affiliate marketing.
- Step 1: Pick a Niche – The best niche for you will be something that you’re passionate about and that you’ll enjoy and be successful at promoting. One of the biggest keys to success in affiliate marketing will be your ability tocreate content around a product you are passionate about. So for example, if you’re into health and fitness, it’ll be easier for you to promote products in that niche because you have more expertise than the average person and you’ll be able to give accurate and relatable information about the subject.
- Step 2: Choose an Affiliate Network – There are many different companies to choose from depending on your niche, but in general, there are a couple of popular affiliate marketing programs that we recommend you to start on. First, check out Aversity Partner’s Program. It is the only affiliate network in the world that gives exclusive training to its affiliates. This means they’ll equip you with the knowledge to get results and make commissions even if you don’t a thing about affiliate marketing when you get started. Another good network is Clickbank, which is the most popular affiliate marketing network online. It’s been around for a while and it’s the go-to place for entrepreneurs to launch their products.
- Step 3: Build Your Funnel – In order to build a business, you need to build leads and scout out possible prospects for future use. Builder tools for landing pages, like Leadpages, and autoresponder tools like Aweber, are easy to use and will save you time.
- Step 4: Drive Targeted Traffic – Leverage your audience to drive traffic to your affiliate marketing partners’ products.
5. Personal Branding: Consultant or Direct Selling
Working as a personal consultant within your niche requires building a strong brand in order to show that you are the expert in your field. The goal is to get people to hire you because they trust that you can help them, and that you have expertise and skills that they lack. A few tips to help you achieve this:
- Establish your brand/who you are
- Make it clear what you do
- Show everyone what sets you apart
- Be memorable
- Be consistent across all channels
- Create uniform messaging—both personally and professionally
- Build an online presence
- Solidify your reputation, beyond simple name recognition
- Spread the word and promote yourself
Direct selling involves selling a product or service directly to consumers on behalf of a larger organization. Think Pampered Chef, or Mary Kay. These ventures involve building your own clientele to whom you sell another company’s goods.
If you’re ready to break free from the 9 to 5 grind, or just ready to add an extra income stream to your life, working from home might be the perfect career move for you. Any one of these 5 jobs are easy to get started in, and are easy to succeed in so long as you are willing to put in the time and work.
If you’re interested in learning more about building a business from your home, then visit our Cereal Entrepreneur blog. You can also follow us on Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram, for quality content every day.