Website Builders: Top 5 Best Website Builders in 2017
October 14, 2017
If you’ve decided to take the DIY path and build a website yourself, it’s essential to pick the right website building software. In this article, we’ll share with you the top 5 best website builders for creating your own website.
- Wix – A website builder perfect for small business websites with fully customizable templates.
- Shopify – This is great for eCommerce stores. Also, it’s super affordable.
- Weebly – It is well-known for its brand and a strong platform for eCommerce.
- SquareSpace – This contains artistic templates for those in a creative profession.
- WordPress – This is a little more advanced than the previously mentioned site builders, but can make an AMAZING site that will also perform well!
What to Consider for in Website Builders?
Consider what features and functionality your website will not only currently need, but also need in the future.
2. Reachable Customer Service
If you’re new to working with a website builder you’ll need direct answers from an expert customer service representative. Most of these providers have excellent customer service! It’s also good if the website builders that you picked have a support forum where other customers ask questions and provide input.
3. Fully Responsive Website Templates
It is necessary to ensure that the templates that your website builder offers are fully responsive and not just mobile-friendly. Responsive means that your website inevitably adjusts to fit whichever device it is being viewed on whether it’s a desktop, mobile, tablet etc.
4. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Friendly
Accurately performed SEO ensures that your website will rank highly for specific keywords on search engines. You want to ensure that your website builder allows you to optimize every piece of content on your website. (Page titles, keywords, links, etc.)
5. Ease of Use
The whole reason for website builders is that they make the process of building a beautiful website so easy that anyone can do it without any prior coding experience.
6. Free of Banner Ads
Regardless of how good your website is designed, it looks unprofessional to have banner ads displayed on it.
7. Capacity to Export Your Website
Exporting your website means that you will be able to remove the data from your old website. And import it to your new website in a reasonably easy process.
8. Clean & Well-Written HTML/CSS Code
9. Monthly/Annual Cost & Refund Policy
Ensure that the cost is something that can securely fit into the budget for yourself or your small business.
10. Template Customization
One of the things that make website builders simple to use is templates. Templates act as a guide to aid you to build a striking website in a matter of minutes. But it’s necessary to look at how customizable these templates are to meet your needs.
11. Additional Goodies & Extras
Find what additional offerings your website builder offers to its customers, like SEO help or credits for Ads and marketing.
Do you want to know more about the best website builders? If you have any questions make sure to contact Jordan at one of his social media accounts listed below!!