There are many different SEO techniques that you should be adopting when it comes to getting your brand or business to rank number one on Google. And one of the most tried and true of these techniques is build your brand online and boost your ranking is through blogging
By including a blog for your brand or business, you will effectively be able to boost your online visibility and build relationships with your target audience. If you create posts that bring value to your customers’ lives and help educate them on your product or service, your blog will be the go-to resource to answer questions and solve pain points for prospective customers.
In this article, I’ll be going over just how a blog can help your brand to rank higher on Google, and the steps you need to take to build your blog and create consistently great content for your audience.
Why a Blog?
When you consistently publish quality content on your business blog, you are able to provide more value to leads and customers. This added value and information can in turn lead to improved conversions, higher sales, and better customer retention.
Not only do you have to ensure that your business blog content provides some type of value, but you have to make sure that this valuable content is going to attract the audience you want. In fact, the key to influencing conversions through your blog content is in knowing your audience.
Knowing your audience will not only help you write about the topics that your target consumers find most valuable, but it will also help you write in a way that will appeal to your target buyers.
By crafting posts that educate your customers on your product or service and the industry it’s in, you position yourself as a go-to resource in your audience’s time of need. This helps build trust between your brand and your audience, but it also helps you attract new leads through search engines.
5 Steps to Building a SEO Optimized Blog for Your Brand
While having a blog is great, you can make it even better by ensuring it is optimized for SEO. With SEO optimization, you can ensure that your brand’s website ranks high in Google and is found by more prospective customers.
1) Build your brand (and keywords) around a niche
When it comes to starting a brand—and building a blog for that brand—you need to first choose a niche. Whatever you choose your niche to be, it has to be something that you know and understand. Pretty much any interest you have can be turned into a brand, so make sure you choose one about which you are knowledgeable and passionate.
Once you choose your niche, focus on the keywords that relate to that topic. The keywords will help you determine whether or not people are seeking out advice in your niche already. In short, you need to find your niche, identify your niche’s keywords, and use them everywhere.
2) Use personality to create a brand voice
One of the most important parts of establishing a brand—particularly a personal brand—is having a distinctive voice. This also applies to when you’re starting in the blogging world. You have to have your own brand voice that attracts an audience, sets you apart, and makes you more trustworthy by virtue of your authenticity.
Establishing a voice isn’t as tricky as it might seem. All it means is that you need to start infusing bits and pieces of your own personality into your writing. When you have a blog, understand that people are coming to your brand not only because you provide them with value, but also simply because of you.
3) Design your blog’s theme around your brand
Your website and blog’s design is just as important as your brand voice. In fact, studies show that 94% of the time, someone’s first impression is based on design. And it only takes 50 milliseconds for that decision to be made.
Your design should be complimentary to your niche, your brand voice, and your brand in general. Consumers are visiting your blog because they want further connection to your brand, so that’s what your blog’s design should be all about—getting people to interact with you.
You also want your design to reflect who and what your brand stands for. There are two million blog posts published every day, so you’re going to need your blog to stand out in some way. The design is a simple way to do this, and it will stand out from the get-go.
The simplest way to start with this is by having your own website with your own name and using a design that reflects who you are.
4) Consistently write a lot of relevant content
One of the keys to growing a successful blog is volume and consistency. There are many reasons why you want to post a lot of content, including:
- You have advice that people need to hear, and people have pain points that they need help with.
- Having more content improves your SEO.
- There is a lot of competing content already out there, and you need to stand out.
- The more you write, the more you refine your brand and give more opportunities for the audience to become a fan of your voice.
- The more you refine your brand, the bigger and better it will be.
You should aim to publish at least 2-3 times per week, if not more, depending on your goals. It’s also important that you publish these posts consistently if you want to build your brand. Having a set publishing schedule helps to increase your trustworthiness with the audience.
5) Extend your reach with guest blogging
Guest blogging involves you writing blogs that are posted on another brand’s website. The website brand should also be in your niche or be related to your niche. Doing these guest blogs is a great way to build your brand and grow your following.
In addition to help you reach a new audience, guest blogging helps you network and form relationships with other influencers. Some of the best ways to land guest blogging opportunities are through either emailing influencers directly or building relationships through social media.
The one thing you should know about guest blogging is that you still have to have somewhat of a following for it to really work well, and so that it is beneficial to both yourself and the other influencers you are working with.
Techniques to Improve Lead Generation Through Your Blog
Ranking high on Google will be a huge benefit to your brand and will not only help you build a larger audience and increase brand recognition, but also, and perhaps most importantly, help to improve lead generation.
Here are a few techniques to improve lead generation through your blog:
- Use CTA’s in the Text of Your Blog – CTAs compel readers to take action and direct them toward the behaviors you want them to take.
- Use a Hello Bar – a hello bar should include a CTA to drive traffic to landing/squeeze pages. Hello bars, also known as floating bars and notification bars, are a great way to avoid disturbing your visitors’ browsing experience while allowing you to:
- Make announcements
- Ask visitors to subscribe to your email list
- Highlight your social media presence
- Offer a lead magnet
- Showcase more content
- Run a sale or time-limited offer
- Offer Readers Exclusive Content – offer more value to prospective customers by teasing readers with exclusive content.
- Offer Reader Perks – offering discounts on products you sell or even providing free content to readers is another way to offer value.
- Try a Welcome Redirect – this will direct readers to lead a capture page before the blog.
- Blog Summary Downloads – offer your readers a shorter, downloadable version of your blog in exchange for email and name.
- Time Delay Pop-Ups – adding in a time delay pop-up asking the reader to join an email list will give you the opportunity for further engagement.
One of the best ways to build your brand and your audience is through blogging. All you have to do is pick a niche, figure out the right keywords, and consistently publish content that adds value to your readers’ lives. You should aim to fill a void that needs to be filled, and by writing a lot of high-quality blog, you’ll be able to get your name out there and make connections with other influencers in your industry.
If you’re ready to learn more about how you can build and grow a personal brand online, then enroll in our Personal Branding & Influencer Marketing course today! You can also follow us on Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram for informative content daily, or visit our blog for more FREE training.